HeadMade Factory invites Deborah Jack
An artist and native of Saint Martin invited to exhibit her new series of photographs called “A season of bloom”.
EXHIBITION from March 14 to 31 at the Beach Plaza.
ON THE PROGRAM
Meeting with the schools:
As part of a first partnership with the National Education Ministry, HMF invites Deborah Jack to meet with 5 classes of the Sandy Ground elementary school on Tuesday, March 11, 2014. It will be an opportunity for her to introduce her work, her artistic approach and her job as an artist to the pupils, who will be able to discuss with her about the presentation of 20 photographs taken from her series “A season of bloom”.
For more information about the exhibition, click on the following link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jacqueline-bishop/a-season-of-bloom-new-pho_b_4763912.html
More information on Déborah Jack: www.deborahjack.com
Each pupil of the Sandy Ground school as well as the people attending the exhibition at the Beach Plaza will receive a small portfolio of Deborah Jack’s photographs.
Meeting with the HMF artists:
One of HMF’s goals is to support the contemporary creation of and from Saint Martin, and help develop it on the island and outside. Thus it is interesting for the member artists of HMF to meet with professional artists who live and work outside of Saint Martin. This is why HMF organized an afternoon meeting with Déborah Jack, to let her discuss with the artists about her job’s conditions as an artist in the United States of American and in the Caribbean.
To become a HMF member: http://www.artsxm.org/association-hmf-saintmartin/adherer.html
Welcome to artists and non artists:
TO BECOME A HMF MEMBER, HERE IS THE FILE YOU WILL NEED TO ASSEMBLE:
- The membership form (download the document on the website)
- The rules and regulations document, read, approved and signed (ask HMF for the document via the website)
- The check payment to the order of “HMF”: €20 for registration fee + €40 for annual membership
- A stamped envelope with the address of the candidate to send the member card
FOR THE MEMBER ARTISTS (DANCE & VISUAL ARTS) ONLY
- From 1 to 5 photographs of your personal works in high quality (300dpi)
- A CV or an artist journey
- A text explaining your artistic approach
- A dated and signed authorization for the use of pictures of your works on the website by the association for communication purposes.
EXHIBITION from March 14 to 31 at the Beach Plaza
Private viewing of the exhibition at 7p.m. at the Beach Plaza with choreographed interludes by Peggy OULERICH with the NIA students.
The HeadMade Factory collective takes over the Beach Plaza area to introduce the new series of photographs of Déborah Jack called “A Season of bloom”. The private viewing that will take place on Friday, March 14, 2014 at 7 p.m., will be punctuated with choreographed interludes by Peggy OULERICH. It will be an opportunity for her to introduce her work with the NIA (National Institute of Arts) students.